Wednesday 30 July 2008

Anthonys Review

Anthony’s is Located in the centre of Leeds in Trevelyan Square off Boar Lane. I admit that I have never actually been there but after hearing amazing things from family and friends and then reading this review by the badly tempered Giles Coren:
"If you only eat at one restaurant this year, for Christ’s sake don’t make it Anthony’s. It’ll scare the living crap out of you."
I thought that if it could scare the living crap out of Giles Coren then I definitely wanted to go. Of course all the reviews of Anthony’s are good. The chef is purported to be a genius and the food served is the kind that is offered up to delighted bemusement in The Fat Duck, which surely everyone must have heard of by now so if you haven’t, look it up. The restaurant looks fabulous from the outside with its thick gleaming glass and classy signature sign and with deserts like pink pepper cinder toffee with apricot mouse…….you can count me in.

No comments: